Looking for Singapore Math help?
We have a collection of videos, solutions, activities and worksheets
that are based on Singapore Math or Maths.
We will look at:
What is Singapore Math?
- What is Singapore Math or Maths?
- Using Singapore Math to solve word problems.
- Singapore Math from Grade 1 to Grade 6 (Videos and
Introduction to Singapore Math Part 1
What are the benefits and strategies of Singapore Math?
Introduction to Singapore Math Part 2
(1) Carla and Jerome kept rack of the miles they ran over the weekend. Carla ran three times as far as Jerome. If Carla ran 6 miles, how far did Jerome run?
(2) Mrs. Walsh made 300 cookies. She sold 3/4 of them and gave 1/3 of the remainder to her neighbor. How many cookies were left?
Helping Parents Explain Singapore Math - Word Problems 1
Demo for parents and educators on how to use "thinking blocks" (block diagrams) to
help even young children - 1st grade, 2nd grade - understand,
model and solve word problems.
(1) David has 45 marbles. His sister gave him 32 more. How many marbles does he have altogether?
(2) Caleb wants to buy a scooter that costs $63. He saved $38 so far. How much more money does Caleb need?
Helping Parents Explain Singapore Math - Word Problems 2
Part 2: 2-Step Word Problems.
(1) Anna is riding in a bike-a-thon. She rode 49 miles in the morning, stopped for a lunch break, then rode another 37 miles in the afternoon. Anna was then only 62 miles from the finish line. How long was Anna's bike ride?
(2) Kierka bought a juice for 55 cents, a breakfast bar for 27 cents and a package of gum. She spent $1.22 altogether. How much did the package of gum cost?