Questions and Solutions for The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 Part 5)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Edition (Practice Test 2, Quantitative Reasoning Section 6, begins on page 464).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 18)
18. For the seven ailments, what is the median of the numbers of people in
group 2 who have the ailments?
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 19)
19. The number of people in group 1 who have the ailment wheezing (allergic)
is what percent greater than the number of people in group 1 who have the
ailment wheezing (nonallergic)?
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 20)
20. What is the ratio of the number of people in group 2 with the ailment sneezing
and itchy eyes to the total number of people in both groups with the ailment
sneezing and itchy eyes?
Give your answer as a fraction.
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 21)
21. Of the people in a certain survey, 58 percent were at most 40 years old and
70 percent were at most 60 years old. If 252 of the people in the survey
were more than 40 years old and at most 60 years old, what was the total
number of people in the survey?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.