Questions and Solutions for The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 Part 5)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Edition (Practice Test 2, Quantitative Reasoning Section 5, begins on page 456).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 18)
18. Which of the following could be the median length of unemployment, in
weeks, for manufacturing industry workers who were unemployed for at
least 1 week?
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 19)
19. If one of the workers in the manufacturing and service industries who were
unemployed for at least 1 week will be randomly selected, what is the
probability that the person selected will be a service industry worker who
was unemployed for 26 weeks or more?
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 20)
20. The ratio of the number of manufacturing industry workers who were
unemployed for 5 to 10 weeks to the number of service industry workers
who were unemployed for 5 to 10 weeks is closest to which of the
A 5 to 4
B 6 to 5
C 3 to 2
D 5 to 2
E 7 to 6
GRE Practice Test 2 Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 5 solution for question 21)
21. If |t+3| > 5, which of the following could be the value of t ?
Indicate all such values.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.