Videos, stories and songs to help Kindergarten and Grade 1 kids learn about 3-D or solid shapes.
Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
Common Core: K.G.2
- I can name shapes correctly.
- I can name shapes correctly even when their size and orientation is unusual or different.
- explores two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes.
- learn about flat and solid shapes independently as well as how they are related to each other and to shapes in their environment.
- begin to use position words when referring to and moving shapes.
- learn to use their words to distinguish between examples and non-examples of flat and solid shapes.
More math lessons for Grade 1 kids.
Geometry Games for 3D Shapes
Common Core for Kindergarten
3D Shapes I Know (song for kids)
These are the 3D shapes that I know; sphere, cylinder, cube, cone, pyramid.
Describing 3-D shapes: cone, cube, rectangular prism, pyramid, sphere, cylinder, triangular prism. Identify the different 3D shapes.
2D and 3D Shapes
Distinguish between 2d shapes and 3d shapes
3D-Shapes: Vertices, Edges and Faces
How to find edges and vertices. Spheres, triangular pyramids, square based pyramids, and an explanation of edges, vertices and faces.
Sort 3D Objects
Distinguish between 2D and 3D shapes. Look around for examples of four 2D shapes and four 3D shapes.
This video shows an activity that the children can play to learn and remember the name of 3D shapes. It is shape dominoes.