There are five sets of solving 2-step equation worksheets:
Examples, solutions, videos, and worksheets to help Grade 6 and Grade 7 students learn how to solve two-step equations (with decimals)
How to solve two-step equations?
There are three sets of solving two-step equations worksheets with decimals.
- Solve 2-step equations (positive answers).
- Solve 2-step equations (negative answers).
To solve two-step equations with decimals, follow these steps:
- Clear any decimals by multiplying both sides of the equation by a multiple of ten that will eliminate the decimals and results in a new equation with whole numbers.
0.5x + 1.2 = 3.7
Multiply every term in the equation by 10 (to remove the decimal point):
(10)(0.5)x + (10)(1.2)= (10)3.7
This simplifies to:
5x + 12 = 37
- Solve the equation by performing the inverse operations.
Undo addition: Subtract 12 from both sides of the equation:
5x + 12 - 12 = 37 - 12
5x = 25
- Undo multiplication: Divide both sides of the equation by 5.
5/5 x = 25/5
x = 5
- Check your solution by substituting it back into the original equation to ensure it satisfies the equality.
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to solve 2-step equations with decimals.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Two-Step Equations Worksheets.
More Two-Step Equation Worksheets
(Answers on the second page.)
2-Step Equations Worksheet #1 (positive answers)
2-Step Equations Worksheet #2 (negative answers)
Online or Generated
Solving 2-Step Equations
Solve Two-Step Equations
Solve 2-step Equations
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.