There are seven groups of multiplication worksheets:
Multiply by 1-9
Multiply by Multiples of 10 (eg. 6 x 30)
Multiplying Multiples of 10, 100, 1000 (eg. 70 x 400)
Multiply 3-digit by 1-digit (eg. 435 x 6)
Multiply Multi-digit by 1-digit (eg. 6,435 x 7)
Multiply 2-digit by 2-digit (eg. 35 × 24)
Multiply 3-digit by 2-digit (eg. 215 × 32)
Multiply 3-digit by 1-digit Worksheets
In these free math worksheets, you will practice multiplying a 3-digit number by a 1-digit number. You will also practice solving multiplication word problems. You can either print the worksheets (pdf) or practice online.
How to multiply a 3-digit number by a 1-digit number?
- Starting from the rightmost digit of the 3-digit number, multiply it by the 1-digit number. Write the result of this multiplication below the line. If the result is 10 or more you need regroup or carry the extra digit to the next column to the left.
- Move left to the next digit in the 3-digit number, multiply the digit by the 1-digit number and write the result below the line. If the result is 10 or more you need regroup or carry the extra digit to the next column to the left.
- Move left again to the next digit in the 3-digit number, multiply the digit by the 1-digit number and write the result below the line.
Have a look at this video if you need to learn how to multiply a 3-digit number by a 1-digit number.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Multiply 3-digit by 1-digit Worksheets.
More Multiply 3-digit by 1-digit Worksheets
Multiply 3-digit by 1-digit Worksheet #1
(Answers on the second page.)
Multiply 3-digit by 1-digit Worksheet #2
(Answers on the second page.)
Multiplication Word Problems
- One game system costs $238. How much will 4 game systems cost?
- Morgan is 23 years old. Her grandfather is 4 times as old. How old is her grandfather?
- Isabel earned 350 points while she was playing Blasting Robot. Isabel’s mom earned 3 times as many points as Isabel. How many points did Isabel’s mom earn?
- To get enough money to go to on a field trip, every student in a club has to raise $53 selling chocolate bars. There are 9 students in the club. How much money does the club need to raise to go on the field
- Mr. Meyers wants to order 4 tablets for his classroom. Each tablet costs $329. How much will all four tablets cost?
- Jashawn wants to make 5 airplane propellers. He needs 18 cm of wood for each propeller. How many centimeters of wood will he use?
- Shane measured 457 mL of water in a beaker. Olga measured 3 times as much water. How much water did they measure all together?
- A small bag of chips weighs 48 g. A large bag of chips weighs three times as much as the small bag. How much will 7 large bags of chips weigh?
- Amaya read 64 pages last week. Amaya’s older brother, Rogelio, read twice as many pages in the same amount of time. Their big sister, Elianna, is in high school and read 4 times as many pages as Rogelio did. How many pages did Elianna read last week?
Multiplication Word Problems (Online Worksheet & Answers)
2 digits × 1 digit
3 digits × 1 digit
4 digits × 1 digit
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.