There are four sets of rational expressions worksheets:
Examples, solutions, videos, and worksheets to help Grade 7 and Grade 8 students learn how to divide rational expressions worksheets.
How to divide rational expressions worksheets?
There are two sets of dividing rational expressions worksheets.
- Divide Rational Expressions worksheets (Include Binomials)
- Divide Rational Expressions worksheets (Include Trinomials)
To divide rational expressions (fractions containing variables), follow these steps:
- Factor Numerator and Denominator: Begin by factoring both the numerator and denominator of the rational expressions completely. This step may involve factoring out common factors or applying more advanced factoring techniques, such as difference of squares, trinomial factoring, or grouping.
- Invert the Divisor: Instead of dividing by a fraction, you can multiply by its reciprocal (invert the divisor). In other words, replace division with multiplication.
- Cancel Common Factors: Identify and cancel out common factors between the numerators and denominators of the expressions being multiplied. Canceling is similar to simplifying fractions; you are essentially dividing both the numerator and denominator by the same factor.
- Multiply the Remaining Factors: After canceling common factors, you should be left with the product of the remaining factors in both the numerator and denominator.
- Simplify the Resulting Expression: If there are any further opportunities to simplify the resulting expression, do so by factoring or simplifying.
Always look for common factors to cancel before multiplying, and simplify the resulting expression as much as possible.
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to divide rational expressions.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Divide Rational Expression Worksheets.
More Rational Expressions Worksheets
(Answers on the second page.)
Divide Rational Expressions Worksheet #1 (Include Binomials)
Divide Rational Expressions Worksheet #2 (Include Trinomials)
Multiply, Divide, Add & Subtract Rational Expressions
Divide Rational Expressions
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.