Adding Decimals Worksheets
In these free math worksheets, you will practice adding decimals. You will also practice solving decimal word problems. You can either print the worksheets (pdf) or practice online.
How to add decimals?
Adding decimals is similar to adding whole numbers, with the additional step of aligning the decimal points.
Here are the steps to add decimals:
Step 1: Write the numbers one on top of the other, making sure that the decimal points are aligned.
Step 2: If necessary, add zeros to the right of the last digit in the number with fewer decimal places, so that both numbers have the same number of decimal places.
Step 3: Similar to whole numbers, add the digits in each column, starting from the rightmost column.
Step 4: Once you have added the numbers, place the decimal point in the answer directly below the decimal points in the numbers being added.
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to add decimals.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Adding Decimals Worksheets.
More Adding Decimals Worksheets
Adding Decimals Worksheet
(Answers on the second page.)
Decimal Word Problems
Adding Decimals (Generated)
Decimal Word Problems
- Barrel A contains 2.7 liters of water. Barrel B contains 3.09 liters of water. Together, how much water do the two barrels contain?
- Alissa ran a distance of 15.8 kilometers one week and 17.34 kilometers the following week. How far did she run in the two weeks?
- An apple orchard sold 140.5 kilograms of apples in the morning and 15.85 kilograms more apples in the afternoon than in the morning. How many total kilograms of apples were sold that day?
- A team of three ran a relay race. The final runner’s time was the fastest, measuring 29.2 seconds. The middle runner’s time was 1.89 seconds slower than the final runner’s. The starting runner’s time was 0.9 seconds slower than the middle runner’s. What was the team’s total time for the race?
- Elise ran 6.43 kilometers on Saturday and 5.6 kilometers on Sunday. How many total kilometers did she run on Saturday and Sunday?
- The snowfall in Year 1 was 2.03 meters. The snowfall in Year 2 was 1.6 meters. How many total meters of snow fell in Years 1 and 2?
- A deli sliced 22.6 kilograms of roast beef one week and 13.54 kilograms the next. How many total kilograms of roast beef did the deli slice in the two weeks?
- The school cafeteria served 125.6 liters of milk on Monday and 5.34 more liters of milk on Tuesday than on Monday. How many total liters of milk were served on Monday and Tuesday?
- Max, Maria, and Armen were a team in a relay race. Max ran his part in 17.3 seconds. Maria was 0.7 seconds slower than Max. Armen was 1.5 seconds slower than Maria. What was the total time for the team?
Decimal Word Problems (Online Worksheet & Answers)
Add & Subtract Decimals Lesson
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.