There are six sets of divide decimals worksheets.
Divide Decimals by 10, 100, 1000
Divide Decimals by Powers of 10 (eg. 74.2 ÷ 103)
Divide Whole Numbers to give Decimal Quotients
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers (without rounding)
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers (with rounding)
Divide Decimals by Decimals (with & without rounding)
Examples, solutions, videos, and worksheets to help Grade 5 students learn how to divide decimals by one digit whole numbers (regrouping may be necessary, but no rounding is required). Include dividing decimals word problems.
How to divide a decimal by a whole number (no rounding)?
Dividing decimals by whole numbers is similar to dividing whole numbers, with an additional step to account for the decimal point.
Here’s how you can divide decimals by whole numbers:
Step 1: Write down the division problem, with the decimal dividend and the whole number divisor.
Step 2: Perform the division as you would with whole numbers. Divide the dividend by the divisor.
Step 4: Place the decimal point in the quotient directly above the decimal point in the dividend. The quotient is the result of the division with the decimal point in the correct position.
Step 5: If necessary, add zeros to the right of the dividend to continue the division until the division terminates or until you reach the desired level of precision.
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to divide decimals by whole numbers.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheets.
There are five sets of divide decimals by whole numbers worksheets:
- Division without regrouping.
- Division with regrouping.
- Division with regrouping & adding zeros.
- Division with 1 decimal place dividends.
- Division with 2 decimal place dividends.
More Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheets
Answers are on the second page.
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheet #1 (no regrouping)
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheet #2 (with regrouping)
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheet #3 (add zeros)
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheet #4 (1 decimal place dividend)
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Worksheet #5 (2 decimal place dividend)
Online & Generated
Divide Decimals by 10, 100, 1,000
Divide Decimals by Powers of 10 (Exponent Form)
Divide Decimals by Multiples of 10
Divide by Whole Number, 1 dp ÷ 1 digit
Divide by Whole Number, 2 dp ÷ 1 digit
Divide by Whole Number, 3 dp ÷ 1 digit
Divide Decimals by Whole Numbers Word Problems
- The price of most milk in 2013 is around $3.28 a gallon. This is eight times as much as you would have
probably paid for a gallon of milk in the 1950’s. What was the cost for a gallon of milk during the 1950’s?
- A toy airplane costs $4.84. It costs 4 times as much as a toy car. What is the cost of the toy car?
- Julian bought 3.9 liters of cranberry juice and Jay bought 8.74 liters of apple juice. They mixed the two
juices together then poured them equally into 2 bottles. How many liters of juice are in each bottle?
- Mrs. Nguyen used 1.48 meters of netting to make 4 identical mini hockey goals. How much netting did she use per goal?
- Esperanza usually buys avocados for $0.94 apiece. During a sale, she gets 5 avocados for $4.10. How much money did she save per avocado?
- Mrs. Mayuko paid $40.68 for 3 kg of shrimp. What’s the cost of 1 kg of shrimp?
- The total weight of 6 pieces of butter and a bag of sugar is 3.8 lb. If the weight of the bag of sugar is 1.4 lb., what’s the weight of each piece of butter?
- Ava is 23 cm taller than Olivia, and Olivia is half the height of Lucas. If Lucas is 1.78 m tall, how tall are Ava and Olivia? Express their heights in meters.
- Mr. Hower can buy a computer with a down payment of $510 and 8 monthly payments of $35.75. If he
pays cash for the computer, the cost is $699.99. How much money will he save if he pays cash for the
computer instead of paying for it in monthly payments?
- A gardener installed 42.6 meters of fencing in a week. He installed 13.45 meters on Monday and 9.5 meters on Tuesday. He installed the rest of the fence in equal lengths on Wednesday through Friday. How many meters of fencing did he install on each of the last three days?
- A table and 8 chairs weigh 235.68 pounds together. If the table weighs 157.84 pounds, what is the weight of one chair in pounds?
Dividing Decimals Lesson
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.