1. Mr. Frye distributed $126 equally among his 4 children for their weekly allowance.
a. How much money did each child receive?
b. John, the oldest child, paid his siblings to do his chores. If John pays his allowance equally to his brother and two sisters, how much money will each of his siblings have received in all?
4. Brandon mixed 6.83 lbs. of cashews with 3.57 lbs. of pistachios. After filling up 6 bags that were the same size with the mixture, he had 0.35 lbs. of nuts left. What was the weight of each bag? Use a tape diagram and show your calculations.
1. A gardener installed 42.6 meters of fencing in a week. He installed 13.45 meters on Monday and 9.5 meters on Tuesday. He installed the rest of the fence in equal lengths on Wednesday through Friday.
How many meters of fencing did he install on each of the last three days?
2. Jenny charges $9.15 an hour to babysit toddlers and $7.45 an hour to babysit school-aged children.
a. If Jenny babysat toddlers for 9 hours and school-aged children for 6 hours, how much money did she earn in all?
b. Jenny wants to earn $1300 by the end of the summer. How much more will she need to earn to meet her goal?
3. A table and 8 chairs weigh 235.68 pounds together. If the table weighs 157.84 lbs., what is the weight of one chair in pounds?
4. Mrs. Cleaver mixes 1.24 liters of red paint with 3 times as much blue paint to make purple paint. She pours the paint equally into 5 containers. How much blue paint is in each cup? Give you answer in liters.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.