Volume of Composite Rectangular Prism Worksheets
In these free math worksheets, you can practice calculating the volume of composite rectangular prisms.
There are two sets of volume of rectangular prism worksheets:
Set #1 Find the volumes of rectangular prisms.
Set #2 Find the volumes of composite rectangular prisms.
You can also practice solving division word problems. You can either print the worksheets (pdf) or practice online.
How to find the volume of a composite rectangular prism?
To find the volume of a composite rectangular prism, you need to break down the shape into simpler rectangular prisms and add up their volumes.
Here are the steps to find the volume of a composite rectangular prism:
- Identify the simpler rectangular prisms that make up the composite rectangular prism. These may be sections that have different lengths, widths, or heights.
- Find the length, width, and height of each of the simpler rectangular prisms.
- Calculate the volume of each of the simpler rectangular prisms by multiplying their length, width, and height together.
- Add up the volumes of all the simpler rectangular prisms to find the total volume of the composite rectangular prism.
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to find the volume of composite rectangular prisms.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Volume of Composite Rectangular Prism Worksheets.
More Volume of Composite Rectangular Prism Worksheets
(The answers are on the second page)
Volume of Composite Rectangular Prism Worksheet #1
Volume of Composite Rectangular Prism Worksheet #2
Volume of Prisms & Pyramids
Surface Area & Volume of Rectangular Prisms (Cuboids)
Division Word Problems
- The combined volume of two identical cubes is 128 cubic centimeters. What is the side length of each cube?
- A rectangular tank with a base area of 24 cm2 is filled with water and oil to a depth of 9 cm. The oil and water separate into two layers when the oil rises to the top. If the thickness of the oil layer is 4 cm, what is the volume of the water?
- Two rectangular prisms have a combined volume of 432 cubic feet. Prism A has half the volume of Prism B.
a. What is the volume of Prism A? Prism B?
b. If Prism A has a base area of 24 ft2, what is the height of Prism A?
c. If Prism B’s base is the area of Prism A’s base, what is the height of Prism B?
a. Prism A is 144 cubic feet. Prism B is 288 cubic feet.
b. 6 ft
c. 12 ft
- The combined volume of two identical cubes is 250 cubic centimeters. What is the measure of one cube’s edge?
- A fish tank has a base area of 45 cm2 and is filled with water to a depth of 12 cm. If the height of the tank is 25 cm, how much more water will be needed to fill the tank to the brim?
Volume of Composite Rectangular Prism Lesson
Volume of Cylinders
Volume of Sphere
Volume of Prisms & Pyramids
Volume of Square Pyramids
Volume of Cones
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.