Plans and Worksheets for Grade 5
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 5
Common Core For Grade 5
Examples, solutions, videos and lessons to help Grade 5 students learn how to fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm to solve multi-step word problems.
Common Core Standards: 5.OA.1,
New York State Common Core Math Grade 5, Module 2, Lesson 9
Worksheets for Grade 5, Module 2, Lesson 9
Lesson 9 Concept Development
An office space in New York City measures 48 feet by 56 feet. If it sells for $565 per square foot, what is the
selling price of the office space?
Gemma and Leah are both jewelry makers. Gemma made 106 beaded necklaces. Leah made 39 more
necklaces than Gemma.
a. Each necklace they make has exactly 104 beads on it.
How many beads did both girls use altogether while
making their necklaces?
b. At a recent craft fair, Gemma sold her necklaces for
$14 each. Leah sold her necklaces for $10 more. Who
made more money at the craft fair? How much more?
Lesson 9 Problem Set
1. An office space in New York City measures 48 feet by 56 feet. If it sells for $565 per square foot, what is
the total cost of the office space?
1. Jeffery bought 203 sheets of stickers. Each sheet has a dozen stickers. He gave away 907 stickers to his
family and friends on Valentine's Day. How many stickers does Jeffery have remaining?
5. Use the chart to solve.
a. Write an expression to find the difference in the maximum area and minimum area of a NYS high
school soccer field. Then evaluate your expression.
b. Would a field with a width of 75 yards and an area of 7,500 square yards be within FIFA regulation?
Why or why not?
c. It costs $26 to fertilize, water, mow, and maintain each square yard of a full size FIFA field (with
maximum dimensions) before each game. How much will it cost to prepare the field for next week's
Lesson 9 Homework
This video shows how to solve multi-step multiplication problems using tape diagrams.
1. Jeffery bought 203 sheets of stickers. Each sheet has a dozen stickers. He gave away 907 stickers to his family and friends on Valentine’s Day. How many stickers does Jeffery have remaining?
3. Bao saved $179 a month. He saved $145 less than Ada each month. How much would Ada save in three and a half years?
4. Mrs. Williams is knitting a blanket for her newborn granddaughter. The blanket is 2.25 meters long and 1.8 meters wide. What is the area of the blanket? Write the answer in centimeters.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.