Plans and Worksheets for Grade 5
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 5
Common Core For Grade 5
Examples, solutions, videos and lessons to help Grade 5 students learn how to multiply decimal fractions with tenths by multi-digit whole numbers using place value understanding to record partial products.
Common Core Standards: 5.OA.1,
New York State Common Core Math Module 2, Grade 5, Lesson 10
Worksheets for Grade 5, Module 2, Lesson 10
The following figures give an example on how to multiply decimal fractions with tenths using area model and partial products. Scroll down the page for more examples and solutions.
Problems 1 - 3
43 × 2.4
3.5 × 42
15.6 × 73
1. Estimate the product. Solve using an area model and the standard algorithm. Remember to express your
products in standard form.
a. 22 × 2.4 ≈ ___ × ____ = ____
b. 3.1 × 33 ≈ ___ ×____ =_____
4. Rachel runs 3.2 miles each week day and 1.5 miles each day of the weekend. How many miles will she
have run in 6 weeks?
Lesson 10 Homework
This video shows how to use area models to multiply decimals fractions with tenths by double digit whole numbers. Each problem is also solved using a standard algorithm.
1. Estimate the product. Solve using an area model and the standard algorithm. Remember to express your products in standard form.
a. 53 × 1.2 ≈______ × _______ = ____
2. Estimate, and then use the standard algorithm to solve. Express your products in standard form.
c. 3.3 × 16
3. Mr. Jansen is building an ice rink in his backyard that will measure 8.4 meters by 22 meters. What is the area of the rink?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.