There are three sets of converting decimals worksheets.
Convert Decimals to Fractions
Convert Decimals to Mixed Numbers
Convert Repeating Decimals to Fractions
Free math worksheets to help Grade 6 students learn how to convert decimals to mixed numbers. Include converting decimals to mixed numbers word problems.
How to convert a decimal to a mixed number?
- Identify the whole number part and the decimal part. For example, if you have the decimal 3.75, the whole number part is 3 and the decimal part is 0.75.
- Express the decimal part as a fraction by placing the decimal part over the appropriate power of 10. In this case, since 0.75 has two decimal places, we place it over 100: 0.75 = 75/100.
- Simplify the fraction, if possible: 75/100 simplifies to 3/4.
- Combine the whole number part and the simplified fraction:
So, 3.75 as a mixed number is 3 3/4.
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to convert decimals to mixed numbers.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Convert Decimals to Mixed Numbers Worksheets.
More Convert Decimal to Mixed Number Worksheets
(Answers on the second page.)
Convert Decimals to Mixed Numbers Worksheet
Decimals to Fractions
Decimals to Mixed Numbers
Convert Decimal to Mixed Number Word Problems
- Sara walked 3.25 miles in the morning. Express this distance as a mixed number.
- A pizza was divided into 8 equal slices, and Mike ate 2.75 slices. How many whole slices did he eat, and what was the fraction of a slice he had?
- A tank was filled with 10.5 gallons of water. Express this amount as a mixed number.
Convert Decimal to Fraction Lesson
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.