There are three sets of converting decimals worksheets.
Convert Decimals to Fractions
Convert Decimals to Mixed Numbers
Convert Repeating Decimals to Fractions
Free math worksheets to help Grade 6 students learn how to convert decimals to fractions. Include converting decimals to fractions word problems.
How to convert a decimal to a fraction?
Check that the decimal is less than 1. If the decimal is greater than 1 then use the convert to a mixed number method.
- Write the decimal value as the numerator of the fraction: For example, 0.75 is 75 hundredths and so the numerator is 75.
- Determine the denominator based on the number of decimal places: Since 0.75 has two decimal places, the denominator will be 10 raised to the power of the number of decimal places. In this case, it’s 102 = 100.
- Simplify the fraction if possible: In this case, 75/100 can be simplified by dividing both the numerator and denominator by their greatest common divisor, which is 25. After simplifying, the fraction becomes 3/4.
So, 0.75 as a fraction is 3/4.
Have a look at this video if you need to review how to convert decimals to fractions.
Click on the following worksheet to get a printable pdf document.
Scroll down the page for more Convert Decimals to Fractions Worksheets.
There are two sets of convert decimals to fractions worksheets.
- Convert Decimals to Fractions (do not simplify answers)
- Convert Decimals to Fractions (simplify answers)
More Convert Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
(Answers on the second page.)
Decimals to Fractions Worksheet #1 (do not simplify answers)
Decimals to Fractions Worksheet #2 (simplify answers)
Decimals to Fractions
Decimals to Mixed Numbers
Convert Decimals to Fractions Word Problems
- Emily scored 0.75 of the total points in a game. What fraction of the total points did she score?
- A recipe calls for 0.6 kilograms of flour. Express this amount as a fraction in its simplest form.
- A group of students spent 0.25 of their time studying math. What fraction of their time was spent on math?
Convert Decimal to Fraction Lesson
More Printable Worksheets
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.