Videos and solutions to help Grade 8 students apply knowledge of geometry to writing and solving linear equations.
• Students apply knowledge of geometry to writing and solving linear equations.
One angle is five less than three times the size of another angle. Together they have a sum of 143°. What are the sizes of each angle?
Given a right triangle, find the size of the angles if one angle is ten more than four times the other angle and the third angle is the right angle.
A pair of alternate interior angles are described as follows. One angle is fourteen more than half a number. The other angle is six less than half a number. Are the angles congruent?
For each of the following problems, write an equation and solve.
1. A pair of congruent angles are described as follows: the measure of one angle is three more than twice a number and the other angle’s measure is 54.5 less than three times the number. Determine the size of the angles.
2. The measure of one angle is described as twelve more than four times a number. Its supplement is twice as large. Find the measure of each angle.
3. A triangle has angles described as follows: the first angle is four more than seven times a number, another angle is four less than the first and the third angle is twice as large as the first. What are the sizes of each of the angles?
4. One angle measures nine more than six times a number. A sequence of rigid motions maps the angle onto another angle that is described as being thirty less than nine times the number. What is the measure of the angles?
5. A right triangle is described as having an angle of size “six less than negative two times a number,” another angle that is “three less than negative one-fourth the number”, and a right angle. What are the measures of the angles?
6. One angle is one less than six times the size of another. The two angles are complementary angles. Find the size of each angle.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.