How To Solve Algebra Word Problems: Work
This lesson is appropriate for any Algebra 1 or Algebra 2 student.
It takes Maria ten hours to pick forty bushels of apples. Kyla can pick the same amount in 12 hours.
How long will it take take if they worked together?
Algebra Word Problems: Work
- Working alone, Mofor can harvest a field in 12 hours. Carlos can harvest the same field in 14 hours. Find how long it would take them if they worked together.
- It takes Ted ten hours to harvest a field. Willie can harvest the same field in 15 hours. Find how ling it would take them if they worked together?
- Working alone, it takes Cody ten minutes to sweep a porch. Jacob can sweep the same porch in eight minutes. Find how long it would take them if they worked together?
- If Tom takes 12 hours to paint a house, what is his rate per hour?
- Assume it takes Mary 2/3 of an hour to clean a room. What is her rate per hour?
- Tom takes 12 hours to paint a house alone, but Don takes 6 hours to paint it. How long would it take if they work together?
It takes Jim 6 days to frame a house, but takes only 4 days if he works with his son. How long
would it take his son, working alone, to frame the house?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.