Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
Eureka Math/EngageNY grade 1 module 1 lesson 31 Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1 Module 1, Lesson 31
Eureka Math grade 1 module 1 lesson 31 Worksheets (pdf)
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Grade 1 students learn how to solve take from with change unknown math stories with drawings.
Common Core Standards: 1.OA.1,
NYS Math Module 1, Grade 1, Lesson 31
Lesson 31 Concept Development
Learning Goal: I can use math drawings to model finding an unknown part.
Lesson 31 Homework
Make a math drawing and circle the part you know. Cross out the unknown part.
Complete the number sentence and number bond.
1. Missy gets 6 presents for her birthday. She unwraps some. 4 are still wrapped.
How many presents did she unwrap?
2. Ann has a box of 8 markers. Some fall on the floor. 6 are still in the box. How
many markers fell on the floor?
_____ markers fell on the floor.
3. Nick makes 7 cupcakes for his friends. Some cupcakes were eaten. Now there are
5 left. How many cupcakes were eaten?
4. A dog has 8 bones. He hides some. He still has 5 bones. How many bones are
_____ bones are hidden.
5. The cafeteria table can seat 10 students. Some of the seats are taken. 7 seats are
empty. How many seats are taken?
6. Ron has 10 sticks of gum. He gives one stick to each of his friends. Now he has 3
sticks of gum left. How many friends did Ron share with?
Ron shared with _____ friends.
Lesson 31 Practice
Learning Goal: I can use subtraction to solve math stories using pictures.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.