More Lessons for GCSE Maths
Here we have a collection of videos to help GCSE Maths students learn about surds by working through some examination questions.
Surds Exam questions
1. (a) Write √45 in the form a √5, where a is an integer.
(b) Express 2(3 + √5)(2 + √5) in the form b + c√5, where b and c are integers.
2. (a) Expand and simplify (4 + √3)(4 - √3).
(b) Express 26/(4+√3) in the form a + b√3, where a and b are integers.
3. (a) Express √108 in the form a√3, where a in an integer.
(b) Express (2 - √3)2
in the form b + c√3 where b and c integers to be found.
4. Simplify (3 + √5)(3 - √5)
5. Simplify (5 - √3)/(2 + √3) giving your answer in the form a + b√3, where a and b are integers.
How to do Surds GCSE A/A* Maths revision?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.