Lesson Plans and Worksheets for Grade 3
Lesson Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Common Core For Grade 3
More Lessons for Grade 3 Math
Examples, solutions, and videos to help Grade 3 students learn how to solve two-step word problems involving multiplying single-digit
factors and multiples of 10.
Common Core Standards: 3.OA.5,
New York State Common Core Math Grade 3, Module 3, Lesson 21
Worksheets for Grade 3, Module 3, Lesson 21
Each day Andrea does 25 squats to warm up for gymnastics practice and 15 squats to cool down after practice. How many squats does she do in all when she practices Monday through Friday?
Benny gets $5 a week for allowance. After saving his money for 20 weeks, how much more does Benny need to buy a bike that costs $108?
Genevieve makes 43 bracelets. She gives 13 bracelets away as gifts and sells the rest for $4 each. How much money does Genevieve make in all?
Lesson 21 Homework
Directions: Use the RDW process for each problem. Use a letter to represent the solution.
1. There are 60 minutes in 1 hour. Use a tape diagram to find the total number of minutes in 6 hours and 15
2. Lupe saves $30 each month for 4 months. Does she have enough money to buy the art supplies below?
Explain why or why not.
3. Tamara wants to buy a tablet that costs $437. She saves $50 a month for 9 months. Does she have
enough money to buy the tablet? Explain why or why not.
4. A box of 10 markers weighs 105 grams. If the empty box weighs 15 grams, how much does each marker
5. Celia sells calendars for a fundraiser. Each calendar costs $9. She sells 16 calendars to her family
members and 14 calendars to the people in her neighborhood. Her goal is to earn $300. Does Celia reach
her goal? Explain your answer.
6. Ezra earns $9 an hour working at a book store. She works for 7 hours each day on Mondays and
Wednesdays. How much does Ezra earn each week?
Problem 1: It takes James 4 minutes and 13 seconds to complete his morning routine. How many seconds does it take James to complete his morning routine?
Problem 2: Benny gets $5 a week for allowance. After saving his money for twenty weeks, how much more does Benny need to buy a bike that costs $108?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.