Percent Problems involving Discount
More Lessons for Grade 8
Videos, worksheets, stories and songs to help Grade 8 students learn how to solve percent problems involving discount.
How to solve percent problems that involves discount?
1. Read the entire question.
2. Write the basic information.
3. Change the percentage to a decimal.
4. OF means to multiply.
5. Multiply the decimal by the price. This is what you save.
6. Subtract your savings from the original price to find the current price.
How to find the discount
The video covers a one-step and a two-step process for finding a sale price, given a percent of discount. It includes four examples.
Discount and Sale Price
Original price minus discount equals sale price.
Sales tax and discount
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.