More Science Worksheets
A series of free Science Lessons for 7th Grade and 8th Grade, KS3 and Checkpoint Science in preparation for GCSE and IGCSE Science.
Metals, Metalloids and Non Metals
Most Metals have these typical physical properties:
- Malleable and ductile
- Good conductors of heat and electricity
- Lustrous (shiny)
- Solids at room temperature (except for mercury which is a liquid)
- High density (are heavy for their size)
- High melting and boiling points
- Hard to break
- Poor conductors of heat and electricity
- About half are solids, about half are gases, and one (bromine) is a liquid
- Low density
- Characteristics of both metals and non-metals
Investigating Metals, Nonmetals and Metalloids
Substances tested: Zn, S, Si, Mg, Ni, Fe, C(Graphite)
Tests: Acid Test, Thermal Conductivity, Lustre Test, Conduct Electricity, Malleability Test
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.