IGCSE 2021 0580/22 Feb/Mar (pdf)
- (a) Complete this statement.
The diagram has rotational symmetry of order
(b) On the diagram, draw all the lines of symmetry.
- Sahil and Anika share $78 in the ratio 5 : 8.
Calculate the amount each receives.
- The number of passengers on a bus is recorded each day for 14 days.
(a) Complete the stem-and-leaf diagram.
(b) Find the median.
- By writing each number correct to 1 significant figure, find an estimate for the value of
- The number of bowls of hot soup sold decreases when the temperature rises.
What type of correlation does this statement describe?
- Joseph spends 24/5 of one week’s earnings to buy a jacket.
The cost of the jacket is $56.50 .
Calculate the amount Joseph earns in a week.
- Without using a calculator, work out
- Write 0.37 as a fraction
- Calculate 4 8 x 106 + 3.7 x 107.
Give your answer in standard form.
- On a map, the positions of the towns L, M and N form an equilateral triangle.
The bearing of M from L is 103°.
Work out the bearing of L from N.
- Find the highest common factor (HCF) of 36 and 84.
- The diagram shows a shape made from a quarter-circle, OAB, and a right-angled triangle OBC.
The radius of the circle is 5cm and OC = 6cm.
Calculate the area of the shape.
- The population of one variety of butterfly is decreasing exponentially at a rate of 34% per year.
At the end of 2014, the population was 125.9 million.
Calculate the population at the end of 2019.
- (a) These are the first four terms of a sequence.
29 22 15 8
Write down the next two terms.
(b) These are the first five terms of another sequence.
4 7 12 19 28
Find the nth term.
- Points E, F, G and H lie on the circle and EG = EH.
HF and EG intersect at K.
ET is a tangent to the circle at E.
Angle FET = 47° and angle FEG = 25°.
Find the value of x
- The region R satisfies these three inequalities.
- Some students were asked how many books they each had in their school bags.
The table shows some of this information.
- Solve the simultaneous equations.
You must show all your working.
- (a) Triangle ABC is mathematically similar to triangle PQR.
Find the value of x
(b) The diagram shows two mathematically similar bowls.
The larger bowl has capacity 7.8 litres and height 11.5cm.
The smaller bowl has capacity 4 litres.
Calculate the height of the smaller bowl
- On the axes, sketch the graph of each of these functions.
- (a) A bag of rice has a mass of 25kg, correct to the nearest kilogram.
Calculate the lower bound of the total mass of 10 of these bags.
(b) Virat has 200 metres of wire, correct to the nearest metre.
He cuts the wire into n pieces of length 3 metres, correct to the nearest 20 centimetres.
Calculate the largest possible value of n
- The diagram shows a pyramid VABCD with a rectangular base.
V is vertically above M, the intersection of the diagonals AC and BD.
AB = 12cm, BC = 10cm and VC = 14cm.
Calculate the angle that VC makes with the base ABCD.
- A curve has equation y = x3 - 2x2 + 5.
Find the coordinates of its two stationary points
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.