IGCSE 2021 0580/21 Nov/Dec (questions)
IGCSE 2021 0580/21 Nov/Dec (mark scheme)
- P is a prime number where 60 < P < 80.
P is 2 less than a square number.
Find the value of P.
- Hank flies from Los Angeles to Shanghai.
(a) The flight departs on Friday 22 July at 2140.
The flight takes 13 hours 35 minutes.
The local time in Shanghai is 15 hours ahead of the local time in Los Angeles.
Find the day, date and time in Shanghai when Hank’s flight arrives.
(b) The cost of the flight is $920.
The exchange rate is $1 = 6.87 Chinese yuan.
Find the cost of the flight in yuan.
- The number of items that each of 22 people buy in a supermarket is shown in the stem-and-leaf diagram.
(a) Find the mode
(b) Find the median.
- The table shows the relative frequency of the games won by a football team.
The number of games lost is twice the number of games drawn.
Complete the table.
- The scale drawing shows the positions of two towns, P and Q.
The scale is 1cm represents 4km.
(a) Find the actual distance between town P and town Q.
(b) Measure the bearing of town Q from town P.
(c) Town X is 28km from town P on a bearing of 140°.
On the scale drawing, mark the position of town X
- Without using a calculator, work out
- Solve the simultaneous equations.
You must show all your working
- Calculate the value of x.
- A regular polygon has an interior angle of 174°.
Find the number of sides of this polygon.
- Line L has equation y = 4 - 5x.
Find the equation of a line that is perpendicular to line L and passes through the point (0, 6).
- Chai invests some money.
By the end of the first year, the value of the investment has decreased by 35%.
By the end of the second year, the value of the investment has increased by 40% of its value at the end
of the first year.
Find the overall percentage change in the value of the investment.
- y is inversely proportional to the square root of ( ) x-2 .
When x = 4.25, y = 12.
Find x when y = 3.
- The diagram shows three shapes that are mathematically similar.
The heights of the shapes are in the ratio small : medium : large = 1 : 5 : 8.
Find the ratio shaded area : total unshaded area.
Give your answer in its simplest form
- Find the nth term of each sequence.
- Make x the subject of the formula.
- The diagram shows some land in the shape of a triangle ABC.
Houses are built on this land.
Each house requires 400m2
Find the greatest number of houses that can be built on this land.
- Write as a single fraction in its simplest form
- Solve 3(2 + cos x) = 5 for 0° ≤ x ≤ 360°.
- The diagram shows a pyramid ABCDE.
The pyramid has a square horizontal base ABCD with side 5cm.
The vertex E is vertically above the centre O of the base.
The height OE of the pyramid is 9cm.
Calculate the angle that EC makes with the base ABCD
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.