IGCSE 2020 0580/22 Nov/Dec (questions)
IGCSE 2020 0580/22 Nov/Dec (mark scheme)
- Write two hundred thousand and seventeen in figures.
- Insert one pair of brackets to make this calculation correct.
7 - 5 - 3 + 4 = 9
- Solve the equation.
6 - 2x = 3x
- The diagram shows a triangle drawn between a pair of parallel lines.
Find the value of x and the value of y.
- Increase 42 by 16%.
- Factorise completely.
4 - 8x
- The area of triangle ABC is 27 cm2 and AB = 6cm.
Calculate the value of h.
- Calculate the size of one interior angle of a regular polygon with 40 sides.
- Solve the simultaneous equations.
2x + y = 7
3x - y = 8
- Without using a calculator, work out 5/6 ÷ 1 1/3
You must show all your working and give your answer as a fraction in its simplest form.
2x2 × 5x5
- Alex and Chris share sweets in the ratio Alex : Chris = 7 : 3.
Alex receives 20 more sweets than Chris.
Work out the number of sweets Chris receives.
- The length of one side of a rectangle is 12cm.
The length of the diagonal of the rectangle is 13cm.
Calculate the area of the rectangle.
- Work out (3 × 10199) + (2 × 10201).
Give your answer in standard form.
- Calculate the area of this sector of a circle.
- The selling price of a shirt is $26.50.
This includes a tax of 6%.
Calculate the price of the shirt before the tax was added.
- The diagram shows the speed–time graph for the first 40 seconds of a cycle ride.
(a) Find the acceleration between 20 and 40 seconds.
(b) Find the total distance travelled.
- The sides of an isosceles triangle are measured correct to the nearest millimetre.
One side has a length of 8.2cm and another has a length of 9.4cm.
Find the largest possible value of the perimeter of this triangle.
- (a) Calculate the value of x.
(b) Calculate the area of the triangle.
- A model of a statue has a height of 4cm.
The volume of the model is 12 cm3.
The volume of the statue is 40500 cm3.
Calculate the height of the statue.
- (a) Differentiate 6 + 4x - x2.
(b) Find the coordinates of the turning point of the graph of y = 6 + 4x - x2.
- The diagram shows a triangle OAB and a straight line OAC.
- Write as a single fraction in its simplest form.
- A line from the point (2, 3) is perpendicular to the line y = 1/3 x + 1.
The two lines meet at the point P.
Find the coordinates of P.
- Solve the equation tan x = 2 for 0° ≤ x ≤ 360°
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.