Eureka Math/EngageNY Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 9 Common Core Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 9
Worksheets for Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 9
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Kindergarten students learn how to describe and communicate positions of all solid shapes using the words above, below, beside, in front of, next to, and behind.
Topic C. Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Shapes
Lesson 9 Concept Development
Draw one of the shapes that we have talked about most this week. Can you make a solid with your clay that
has the shape you drew as one of its faces? Share your work with your partner when you are done.
Circle the pictures of the flat shapes with red. Circle the pictures of the
solid shapes with green.
1. What new (or significant) math vocabulary did we use today to communicate precisely?
2. How did you determine whether to use a red or green X? Did someone do it another way?
3. Looking at your paper, who can name a flat shape? Solid shape?
4. Can you name some other flat shapes that are not on your paper? Solid shapes?
5. How did the Application Problem connect to today’s lesson?
Learning Goals: I can identify and sort flat and solid shapes.
Lesson 9 Homework
In each row, circle the one that doesn’t belong. Explain your choice to
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.