Questions and Solutions for GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 Part 6)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for the second edition of the ETS Practice Book for the Paper-Based GRE Revised General Test (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 22)
22. The figure shows the standard normal distribution, with mean 0 and standard deviation 1, including approximate
percents of the distribution corresponding to the six regions shown.
Ian rode the bus to work last year. His travel times to work were approximately normally distributed, with a mean
of 35 minutes and a standard deviation of 5 minutes. According to the figure shown, approximately what percent
of Ian’s travel times to work last year were less than 40 minutes?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 23)
23. For all integers x, the function f is defined as
f(x) = x - 1 if x is even
f(x) = x + 1 if x is odd
If a and b are integers and f(a) + f(b) = a + b,
which of the following statements must be true?
A. a = b
B. a = -b
C. a + b is odd.
D. Both a and b are even.
E. Both a and b are odd.
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 24)
24. If y-2
- 15 = 0, which of the following
could be the value of y ?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 25)
3.7, 4.1, a, 8.5, 9.2, 2a
25. The six numbers shown are listed in increasing
order. Which of the following values could be
the range of the six numbers?
Indicate all such values.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.