Questions and Solutions for GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 Part 5)
More GRE Resources
These are explanations and step by step solutions for the second edition of the ETS Practice Book for the Paper-Based GRE Revised General Test (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6).
GRE Practice Test Second Edition - Complete Paper (pdf)
Questions 10 to 25 have several different formats. Unless otherwise directed, select a single answer choice.
For Numeric Entry questions, follow the instructions below.
Numeric Entry Questions
To answer these questions, enter a number by filling in circles in a grid.
• Your answer may be an integer, a decimal, or a fraction, and it may be negative.
• Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be
reduced to lowest terms, though you may need to reduce your fraction to fit in the grid.
• Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.
• If a question asks for a fraction, the grid will have a built-in division slash (/). Otherwise, the grid will have a
decimal point available.
• Start your answer in any column, space permitting. Fill in no more than one circle in any column of the grid.
Columns not needed should be left blank.
• Write your answer in the boxes at the top of the grid and fill in the corresponding circles. You will receive
credit only if the circles are filled in correctly, regardless of the number written in the boxes at
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 18)
18. In 2000 the population of West Virginia was
1.8 million. If the ratio of the population of
Georgia to that of West Virginia was 9 to 2,
in which population category was Georgia?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 19)
19. The number of states in the two population
categories C and D was approximately what
percent greater than the number in the four
population categories from E through H ?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 20)
20. The median of the 50 state populations was in
which population category?
GRE Practice Test Second Edition. (Quantitative Reasoning Section 6 solution for question 21)
21. If 3
√x = 3 and x = √y, what is the value of y ?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.