More Lessons for the Regents High School Exam
More Lessons for Algebra
High School Math based on the topics required for the Regents
Exam conducted by NYSED. The following are the worked solutions
for the Geometry (Common Core) Regents High School Examination
The following are questions for the past paper Regents High School Geometry January 2015 Exam (pdf)
Scroll down the page for the step by step solutions.
Geometry Common Core Regents New York State Exam - January 2015
Geometry - January 2015 Regents - Questions and solutions 1 - 5
1. What is the solution of the system of equations graphed below?
2. What are the coordinates of the midpoint of the line segment with
endpoints (2, -5) and (8,3)?
3. As shown in the diagram below, when hexagon ABCDEF is reflected computations.
over line m, the image is hexagon A'B'C'D'E'F'.
Under this transformation, which property is not preserved?
(1) area, (2) distance, (3) orientation, (4) angle measure
Geometry - January 2015 Regents - Questions and solutions 6 - 10
6. What are the truth values of the statement “Opposite angles of a
trapezoid are always congruent” and its negation?
(1) The statement is true and its negation is true.
(2) The statement is true and its negation is false.
(3) The statement is false and its negation is true.
(4) The statement is false and its negation is false.
7. What is the length of a line segment whose endpoints have
coordinates (5,3) and (1,6)?
Geometry - January 2015 Regents - Questions and solutions 11 - 15
11. A circle whose center has coordinates (-3,4) passes through the
origin. What is the equation of the circle?
Geometry - January 2015 Regents - Questions and solutions 16 - 20
17. Given the statement, “If a number has exactly two factors, it is a
prime number,” what is the contrapositive of this statement?
(1) If a number does not have exactly two factors, then it is not a
(2) If a number is not a prime number, then it does not have exactly
(3) If a number is a prime number, then it has exactly two factors.
(4) A number is a prime number if it has exactly two factors.
Geometry - January 2015 Regents - Questions and solutions 21 - 25
24. Triangle A'B'C' is the image of ABC after a dilation of 2.
Which statement is true?
Geometry - January 2015 Regents - Questions and solutions 26 - 28
26. The bases of a prism are right trapezoids, as shown in the diagram
Which two edges do not lie in the same plane?
Geometry - January 2015 Regents - Questions and solutions 29 - 33
31. Determine and state the measure, in degrees, of an interior angle of a regular decagon.
32. Write an equation of a line that is parallel to the line whose equation is 3y x 6 and that passes
through the point (-3,4).
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.