Eureka Math/EngageNY Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 3 Common Core Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 3
Worksheets for Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 3
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Kindergarten students learn how to explain decisions about classifications of rectangles into categories using variants and non-examples. Identify shapes as rectangles.
Topic A. Two-Dimensional Flat Shapes
Lesson 3 Concept Development
Design your own dollar bill! Draw your dollar bill on a piece of paper. Whose picture will you put in the center?
Compare your dollar to that of your partner. Tell him about the shape of your bill. How are your dollars alike?
Find the rectangles and color them red. Put an X on shapes that are not
1. How did the Application Problem connect to today’s lesson?
2. What new (or significant) math vocabulary did we use today to communicate precisely?
3. Count how many rectangles you colored. Did your partner color that same number?
4. Did you color the same rectangles as your partner?
5. Explain to your partner how you knew the objects you colored were rectangles?
6. What do you look for in a rectangle?
7. What shape did you draw with four sides? Can you draw more than one shape?
8. How are rectangles and triangles the same and different?
9. Why is a square a special kind of rectangle?
Learning Goals: I can explain how to know that a shape is a rectangle.
Lesson 3 Homework
Trace the rectangles red. Put an X on shapes that are not rectangles.
Highlight all the rectangles blue and triangles purple.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.