Plans and Worksheets for Grade 5
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 5
Common Core For Grade 5
Examples, solutions, and lessons to help Grade 5 students learn how to name decimal fractions in expanded, unit, and word forms by applying place value reasoning.
Common Core Standards: 5.NBT.3
New York State Common Core Math Module 1, Grade 5, Lesson 5
Lesson 5 Problem Set
1. Express one and three hundred twenty-four thousandths as decimal numerals.
2. Express 11.037 in words.
3. Write the number. 57.281, on a place value chart then write it in expanded form using fractions or decimals to express the decimal place value units.
4. Write a decimal for the following. Use a place value chart to help if necessary.
a. 7 × 10 + 4 × 1 + 6 × (1/10 ) + 9 × (1/100 ) + 2 × (1/1000 )
Lesson 5 Homework
1. Express as decimal numerals.
a. Five thousandths
b. Thirty-five thousandths
c. Nine and two hundred thirty-five thousandths
2. Express in words.
3. Write the number on a place value chart then write it in expanded form using fractions or decimals to express the decimal place value units.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.