Edexcel June 2019 IGCSE, 4MA1/2HR (pdf)
- (a) Write down the inequality shown on the number line.
(b) Solve the inequality 4y - 13 ≤ y + 8
- Show that 5 2/3 - 2 3/4 = 2 11/12
- (a) Complete the table of values for y = 1 + 5x - x2
(b) On the grid, draw the graph of y = 1 + 5x - x2 for values of x from -1 to 6.
- ABC and DEF are similar triangles.
(a) Work out the length of DE.
The area of triangle DEF is 525 cm2
(b) Find the area of triangle DEF in m2
- Factorise x2 - 5x - 36
- There are some ice lollies in a freezer.
The flavour of each ice lolly is banana or strawberry or mint or chocolate.
Julius takes at random an ice lolly from the freezer.
The table shows the probabilities that the flavour of the ice lolly that Julius takes is banana or strawberry or chocolate.
Work out the probability that the flavour of the ice lolly that Julius takes is either strawberry or mint.
- A football team played 55 games.
Each game was won, drawn or lost. number of games won : number of games drawn : number of games lost = 6 : 3 : 2
Work out how many more games the team won than the team lost.
- A = 32 × 54 × 7
B = 34 × 53 × 7 × 11
(a) Find the highest common factor (HCF) of A and B.
(b) Find the lowest common multiple (LCM) of A and B.
- (a) Write 840 000 in standard form.
(b) Work out (6 × 107) ÷ (8 × 10-2)
Give your answer in standard form.
- Henri buys a yacht for 150 000 euros.
The yacht depreciates in value by 18% each year.
Work out the value of the yacht at the end of 3 years.
Give your answer correct to the nearest euro.
- Line L is drawn on the grid.
Find an equation for L.
- Calculate the length of AB.
Show your working clearly.
Give your answer correct to 3 significant figures.
- Sandeep recorded the length of time, in minutes, that each of 100 adults went for a walk one Saturday afternoon.
The cumulative frequency table gives information about these times.
(a) On the grid, draw a cumulative frequency graph for the information in the table.
- Write 5 + 12x - x2 in the form a + b(x + c)2 where a, b and c are integers.
- The diagram shows a solid pyramid ABCDE with a horizontal base.
The base, BCDE, of the pyramid is a square of side 10 cm.
The vertex A of the pyramid is vertically above the centre O of the base so that
AB = AC = AD = AE
The total surface area of the pyramid is 360 cm2
Work out the size of the angle between AC and the base BCDE. Give your answer correct to 3 significant figures.
- A box contains marbles.
4 of the marbles are red.
The rest of the marbles are yellow.
Antonia takes at random a marble from the box and does not replace it. Sergio then takes at random a marble from the box.
The probability that Antonia and Sergio both take a yellow marble is 0.7
Work out how many marbles were originally in the box. Show your working clearly.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.