More Questions and Worked Solutions for Edexcel GCSE Exams
Edexcel GCSE November 2021 Paper 1MA1/3H (Calculator) Solutions
Edexcel GCSE Mathematics November 2021 Past Paper 1MA1/3H (PDF)
- The scatter graph shows information about the volume of traffic and the carbon monoxide
level at a point on a road each day for 22 days.
One point is an outlier.
(a) Write down the coordinates of this point.
For another day, 370 cars pass the point on the road.
(b) Estimate the carbon monoxide level for this day.
“Because there is an outlier, there is no correlation.”
(c) Is Alfie correct?
You must give a reason for your answer.
- Natalie makes potato cakes in a restaurant.
She mixes potato, cheese and onion so that
weight of potato:weight of cheese :weight of onion = 9:2:1
Natalie needs to make 6000g of potato cakes.
Cheese costs £2.25 for 175 g.
Work out the cost of the cheese needed to make 6000g of potato cakes.
- (a) Write 4.5×105 as an ordinary number
- A water tank is empty.
Anil needs to fill the tank with 2400 litres of water.
Company A supplies water at a rate of 8 litres in 1 minute 40 seconds.
Company B supplies water at a rate of 2.2 gallons per minute.
1 gallon = 4.54 litres
Company A would take more time to fill the tank than Company B would take to fill
How much more time?
Give your answer in minutes correct to the nearest minute.
- The first four terms of a Fibonacci sequence are
a 2a 3a 5a
The sum of the first five terms of this sequence is 228
Work out the value of a.
- In a bag there are only red counters, blue counters, green counters and pink counters.
A counter is going to be taken at random from the bag.
The table shows the probabilities of taking a red counter or a blue counter.
- The diagram shows a sector OPQR of a circle, centre O and radius 8 cm.
- (a) Using the axes below, sketch a graph to represent the statement.
y is directly proportional to x
(b) Using the axes below, sketch a graph to represent the statement
y is inversely proportional to x
- On Monday, 12 people took 5 hours to clean a number of cars.
On Tuesday, 15 people cleaned the same number of cars.
Assuming that all the people worked at the same rate,
(a) work out how many hours the 15 people took to clean the cars.
- Freya writes down the value of x, correct to 1 decimal place.
She writes x = 6.4
Complete the error interval for x.
- Work out the value of a and the value of n.
- A pattern is made from four identical rectangles.
The sides of the rectangles are parallel to the axes.
- Ted is trying to change 0.43 to a fraction.
- Olivia and Jessica have in total half as many sweets as Fran and Gary have in total.
Fran and Gary share their sweets in the ratio 2:3
Olivia and Jessica share their sweets in the ratio 9:1
Fran got w sweets.
Gary got x sweets.
Olivia got y sweets.
Jessica got z sweets.
Find, in its simplest form, w:x:y:z
- The graph gives the volume of water, in litres, in a container at time t seconds after the
water started to flow out of the container.
- The curve C has equation y = x2 + 3x – 3
The line L has equation y – 5x + 4 = 0
Show, algebraically, that C and L have exactly one point in common.
- x is directly proportional to the square of y.
y is directly proportional to the cube of z.
z = 2 when x = 32
Find a formula for x in terms of z.
- OABC is a trapezium.
- At the start of year n, the number of animals in a population is Pn
- Pat throws a fair coin n times.
Find an expression, in terms of n, for the probability that Pat gets at least 1 head and at
least 1 tail.
- Here is a speed-time graph showing the speed, in metres per second, of an object
t seconds after it started to move from rest.
- Show that
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.