Plans and Worksheets for Kindergarten
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Kindergarten
Common Core For Kindergarten
Eureka Math/EngageNY Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 3 Common Core Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 3
Worksheets for Kindergarten, module 3, lesson 3
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Kindergarten students learn how to make series of longer than and shorter than comparisons.
Topic A: Comparison of Length and Height
Lesson 3 Concept Development and Problem Set
Draw a monkey with a very long tail. Draw a monkey with a
very short tail. Now, draw a yummy banana for the monkeys to
share. Is the banana longer than or shorter than the tail of the
first monkey? Is it longer than or shorter than the tail of the
second monkey? Tell your partner what you notice.
Pretend that I am pirate who has traveled far away from home. I miss my
house and family. Will you draw a picture as I describe my home? Listen carefully and
draw what you hear.
1. Draw a house in the middle of the paper as tall as your finger.
2. Now draw my daughter. She is shorter than the house.
3. There’s a great tree in my yard. My daughter and I love to climb the tree. The
tree is taller than my house.
4. My daughter planted a beautiful daisy in the yard. Draw a daisy that is shorter
than my daughter.
5. Draw a branch lying on the ground in front of the house. Make it the same
length as the house.
6. Draw a caterpillar next to the branch. My parrot loves to eat caterpillars. Of
course, the length of the caterpillar would be shorter than the length of the
7. My parrot is always hungry and there are plenty of bugs for him to eat at home.
Draw a ladybug above the caterpillar. Should the ladybug be shorter or longer
than the branch?
8. Now draw some more things you think my family would enjoy.
9. Show your picture to your partner and talk about the extra things that you
drew. Use longer than and shorter than words when you are describing them.
1. What did you notice when you changed the
object you were comparing within our mystery
2. What did you think about when you were
deciding how to draw the pirate’s daughter?
3. What did you think about when you were
deciding how to draw your caterpillar?
How were the words longer than and shorter
than useful when you were telling your partner
about your picture?
Lesson 3 Homework
Take out a new crayon. Circle objects with lengths shorter than the
crayon blue. Circle objects with lengths longer than the crayon red.
On the back of your paper, draw some things shorter than and longer than
the crayon. Draw something that is as long as the length of the crayon.
I can compare a lot of things that are longer than or shorter than.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.