Questions And Worked Solutions For AP Calculus AB 2005
AP Calculus AB 2005 Free Response Questions - Complete Paper (pdf)
- Let f and g be the functions given by f(x) = 1/4 + sin(πx) amd g(x) = 4-x. Let R be the shaded region in
the first quadrant enclosed by the y-axis and the graphs of f and g, and let S be the shaded region in the first
quadrant enclosed by the graphs of f and g, as shown in the figure above.
(a) Find the area of R.
(b) Find the area of S.
(c) Find the volume of the solid generated when S is revolved about the horizontal line y = -1.
- The tide removes sand from Sandy Point Beach at a rate modeled by the function R, given by
- A metal wire of length 8 centimeters (cm) is heated at one end. The table above gives selected values of the
temperature T(x), in degrees Celsius (°C), of the wire x cm from the heated end. The function T is decreasing
and twice differentiable.
- Let f be a function that is continuous on the interval [0, 4). The function f is twice differentiable except at
x = 2. The function f and its derivatives have the properties indicated in the table above, where DNE indicates
that the derivatives of f do not exist at 2.
- A car is traveling on a straight road. For 0 24 £ £t seconds, the car’s velocity v t( ), in meters per second, is
modeled by the piecewise-linear function defined by the graph above.
- Consider the differential equation
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.