Videos and solutions to help Grade 3 students learn how to solve a variety of word problems with perimeter.
Common Core Standards: 3.G.1
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 3
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 3
Common Core For Grade 3
New York State Common Core Math Grade 3, Module 7, Lesson 23
Grade 3 Module 7 Lesson 23 Homework
1. Rosie draws a square with a perimeter of 36 inches. What are the side lengths of the square?
2. Judith uses craft sticks to make two 24-inch by 12-inch rectangles. What is the total perimeter of the two
3. An architect draws a square and a rectangle as shown below to represent a house that has a garage.
What is the total perimeter of the house with its attached garage?
4. Manny draws three regular pentagons to create the shape shown below. The perimeter of one of the
pentagons is 45 inches. What is the perimeter of Manny’s new shape?
5. Johnny uses 2-inch square tiles to make a square, as shown below. What is the perimeter of Johnny’s
6. Lisa tapes three 7-inch by 9-inch pieces of construction paper together to make a happy birthday sign for
her mom. She uses a piece of ribbon that is 144 inches long to make a border around the outside edges
of the sign. How much ribbon is left over?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.