Videos and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to solve word problems involving different ways to make change from $1.
Common Core Standards:
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Module 7, Grade 2, Lesson 12
Topic B: Problem Solving with Coins and Bills
NYS Math Grade 2 Module 7 Lesson 12
Lesson 12 Homework
Solve using the arrow way, a number bond, or a tape diagram.
1. Kevin had 100 cents. He spent 3 dimes, 3 nickels, and 4 pennies on a balloon. How
much money does he have left?
2. Colin bought a postcard for 45 cents. He gave the cashier $1. How much change did
3. Eileen spent 75 cents of her dollar at the market. How much money does she have
4. The puzzle Casey wants costs $1. She has 6 nickels, 1 dime, and 11 pennies. How
much more money does she need to buy the puzzle?
5. Garret found 19 cents in the sofa and 34 cents under his bed. How much more
money will he need to find to have $1?
6. Kelly has 38 fewer cents than Molly. Molly has $1. How much money does Kelly
7. Mario has 41 more cents than Ryan. Mario has $1. How much money does Ryan
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.