Plans and Worksheets for Grade 4
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 4
Common Core For Grade 4
Examples, solutions, and videos to help Grade 4 students learn how to solve word problems involving the addition of measurements in
Topic D: Addition with Tenths and Hundredths
Common Core Standards: 4.NF.5,
NYS Common Core Grade 4 Module 6, Lesson 14
Download Worksheet for Common Core Grade 4, Module 6, Lesson 14
Lesson 14 Concept Development
Barrel A contains 2.7 liters of water. Barrel B contains 3.09 liters
of water. Together, how much water do the two barrels
Alissa ran a distance of 15.8 kilometers one week and 17.34 kilometers the following week. How far did she
run in the two weeks?
Lesson 14 Problem Set
1. Barrel A contains 2.7 liters of water. Barrel B contains 3.09 liters of water. Together, how much water do
the two barrels contain?
2. Alissa ran a distance of 15.8 kilometers one week and 17.34 kilometers the following week. How far did
she run in the two weeks?
3. An apple orchard sold 140.5 kilograms of apples in the morning and 15.85 kilograms more apples in the
afternoon than in the morning. How many total kilograms of apples were sold that day?
4. A team of three ran a relay race. The final runner’s time was the fastest, measuring 2 .2 seconds. The
middle runner’s time was 1.8 seconds slower than the final runner’s. The starting runner’s time was .
seconds slower than the middle runner’s. What was the team’s total time for the race?
Lesson 14 Homework
1. The snowfall in Year 1 was 2.03 meters. The snowfall in Year 2 was 1.6 meters. How many total meters
of snow fell in Years 1 and 2?
2. A deli sliced 22.6 kilograms of roast beef one week and 13.54 kilograms the next. How many total
kilograms of roast beef did the deli slice in the two weeks?
3. The school cafeteria served 125.6 liters of milk on Monday and 5.34 more liters of milk on Tuesday than
on Monday. How many total liters of milk were served on Monday and Tuesday?
4. Max, Maria, and Armen were a team in a relay race. Max ran his part in 17.3 seconds. Maria was 0.7
seconds slower than Max. Armen was 1.5 seconds slower than Maria. What was the total time for the
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.