Videos, examples, and solutions to help Grade 3 students learn how to solve a variety of word problems involving area and perimeter using all four operations.
Common Core Standards: 3.MD.8, 3.G.1
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 3
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 3
Common Core For Grade 3
New York State Common Core Math Grade 3, Module 7, Lesson 28, Lesson 29
Download the Worksheets for Grade 3, Module 7, lesson 28 (pdf)
Download the Worksheets for Grade 3, Module 7, lesson 29 (pdf)
Lesson 28 Homework
1. Carl draws a square that has side lengths of 7 centimeters.
a. Estimate to draw Carl’s square, and label the side lengths.
b. What is the area of Carl’s square?
c. What is the perimeter of Carl’s square?
d. Carl draws two of these squares to make one long rectangle. What is the perimeter of this rectangle?
2. Mr. Briggs puts food for the class party on a rectangular table. The table has a perimeter of 18 feet and a
width of 3 feet.
a. Estimate to draw the table, and label the side lengths.
b. What is the length of the table?
c. What is the area of the table?
d. Mr. Briggs puts three of these tables together side by side. What is the area?
Lesson 29 Homework
1. Katherine puts two squares together to make the rectangle below. The side lengths of the squares
measure 8 inches.
a. What is the perimeter of Katherine’s rectangle?
b. What is the area of Katherine’s rectangle?
c. Katherine decides to draw another rectangle of the same size. What is the area of the new rectangle?
2. Daryl draws 6 equal size rectangles as shown below to make a new, larger rectangle. The area of one of
the small rectangles is 12 square centimeters, and the length of the small rectangle is 4 centimeters.
a. What is the perimeter of Daryl’s new rectangle?
3. The recreation center soccer field measures 35 yards by 65 yards. Chris dribbles the soccer ball around
the perimeter of the field 4 times. What is the total number of yards Chris dribbles the ball?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.