Plans and Worksheets for Grade 2
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 2
Common Core For Grade 2
Videos, examples, lessons, songs, and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn to tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.
Common Core: 2.MD.7
Suggested Learning Target
Telling time on the analog and digital clocks (quarter intervals)
- I can explain the difference between a.m. and p.m.
- I can look at the time on an analog clock (when the hour hand is pointing to any of the numbers), say what time it is, and write the time as it would appear on a digital clock.
- I can look at the time on a digital clock (when the minutes are displayed as a multiple of 5), say what time it is, and draw in the hands on an analog clock.
- I can write the time and draw in the hands on an analog clock when someone tells me what time it is to the nearest 5 minutes.
- I can understand and use special terms such as: half past, quarter after/past, quarter to, minutes after/past, minutes to
- I know how to apply skip counting by 5
- I know that there are 60 minutes in a hour, 60 seconds in a minute, 24 hours in a day, 12 hours in a.m. and 12 hours in p.m., and know when a.m. and p.m. occur
- I know the difference between the minute and hour hands and their purposes
- I know the concept of quarter- hours and half-hours
- I know that there are five- minute intervals between each number on the clock face
Telling time to 5 minute intervals
Telling Time (a.m. and p.m.)
Learning video for telling the time (a.m. and p.m.).
Learn to tell time (Half Past)
Learn to tell time (Quarter Past)
Learn to tell time (Quarter To)
Telling Time Songs
What's the Time?
This song help children learn how to tell the time.
How to Read a Clock - How to Tell Time Song
This song teaches about hours, minutes, seconds, minute hand, hour hand and how to tell time.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.