Videos and solutions to help Grade 3 students learn how to create a tangram puzzle and observe relationships among the shapes.
Common Core Standards: 3.G.1
Plans and Worksheets for Grade 3
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 3
Common Core For Grade 3
New York State Common Core Math Grade 3, Module 7, Lesson 8
Draw lines to divide squares, rectangles, trapezoids, etc. to form other polygons.
1. Draw a line to divide the square below into 2 equal triangles.
2. Draw a line to divide the triangle below into 2 equal smaller triangles.
3. Draw a line to divide the trapezoid below into 2 equal trapezoids.
4. Draw 2 lines to divide the quadrilateral below into 4 equal triangles.
5. Draw 4 lines to divide the square below into 8 equal triangles.
6. Describe the steps you took to divide the square in Problem 5 into 8 equal triangles.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.