Plans and Worksheets for Grade 1
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 1
Common Core For Grade 1
Eureka Math/EngageNY grade 1 module 1 lesson 29 Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Grade 1 Module 1, Lesson 29
Eureka Math grade 1 module 1 lesson 29 Worksheets (pdf)
Worksheets, solutions and videos to help Grade 1 students learn how to solve take apart with addend unknown math stories with math drawings, equations, and statements, circling the known part to find the unknown.
Common Core Standards: 1.OA.1, 1.OA.4, 1.OA.5, 1.OA.8
NYS Math Module 1, Grade 1, Lesson 29
Lesson 29 Concept Development
Repeat the process with more take apart math stories. The following is a suggested sequence:
• 8 cupcakes in all: 6 with chocolate icing, the rest with vanilla
• 7 sneakers in all: 3 with Velcro, the rest with
• 10 coats: 7 with buttons, the rest with zippers
• 9 balls: 3 basketballs, the rest are soccer balls
Learning Goal: I can use organized math drawings to model parts of a whole amount.
Lesson 29 Homework
Read the math stories. Make math drawings to solve.
1. Tom has a box of 7 crayons. 5 crayons are red. How many crayons are not red?
2. Mary picks 8 flowers. 2 are daisies. The rest are tulips. How many tulips does she
3. There are 9 pieces of fruit in the bowl. 4 are apples. The rest are oranges. How
many pieces of fruit are oranges?
4. Mom and Ben make 10 cookies. 6 are stars. The rest are round. How many cookies
5. The parking lot has 7 spaces. 2 cars are parked in the lot. How many more cars can
park in the lot?
6. Liz has 2 fingers with Band Aids. How many fingers are not hurt?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.