Explore the properties of a straight line graph
The equation of the straight line graph in slope-intercept form is y
= mx + c
The following activity allows you to explore the properties of a straight line graph.
Move the m
slider bars to explore how it affects the slope, m
, of the graph. Look at
- the effects of changing the slope, m
- the effects of changing the y-intercept, c
- the effects of a positive and a negative value of the slope, m
- the effects of a positive and negative value of the y-intercept, c
- how to create a horizontal line by making the slope, m = 0
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.