Worksheets, examples, and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to relate the square to the cube, and describe the cube based on attributes.
Common Core Standards: 2.G.1,
Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Video Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
New York State Common Core Math Grade 2, Module 8, Lesson 5
NYS Math Grade 2, Module 8, Lesson 5
Download Worksheets for Grade 2, Module 8, Lesson 5 (Pdf)
Lesson 5 Concept Development and Homework
1. Circle the shapes that could be the face of a cube. Check with your ruler.
2. What is the most precise name of the shape you circled?
3. How many corners does a cube have?
4. How many edges does a cube have?
5. How many faces does a cube have?
6. Draw 6 cubes, and put a star next to your best one.
7. Connect the corners of the squares to make a different kind of drawing of a cube.
8. Patricia used the image of the cube below to count 7 corners. Explain where the 8th
corner is hiding.
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.