More Lessons for Kindergarten
Common Core for Kindergarten
Videos and songs to teach Kindergarten kids how to classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
Common Core: K.MD.3
Suggested Learning Target
Sorting by Attribute
- I can sort (classify) objects into categories (groups).
- I can determine the number of objects in each category.
- I can sort the categories by number or count.
- I can sort objects by a given attribute.
- I can classify objects by predetermined categories related to attributes (e.g., number of sides, number of corners).
This is an explanation of how we sort by shape, size and color. We choose one attribute at a time.
Sorting and Counting
I can determine the number of objects in each category.
I can sort the categories by number or count.
How to use the Attribute Blocks game to help Kindergarteners learn about classifying objects?
Rotate to landscape screen format on a mobile phone or small tablet to use the Mathway widget, a free math problem solver that answers your questions with step-by-step explanations.
You can use the free Mathway calculator and problem solver below to practice Algebra or other math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.