Core Math Resources, Lesson Plans & Worksheets for all grades
Common Core Math
Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for Grade 2
Math Lessons, Math Worksheets and Games for all grades
Videos solutions to help Grade 2 students learn how to solve two-step word problems within 100.
Common Core Standards:
New York State Common Core Math Grade 2, Module 4, Lesson 31
Math Grade 2, Module 4, Lesson 31 Worksheets
NYS Math Module 4 Grade 2 Lesson 31
Lesson 31 Problem Set
Solve the following word problems by drawing a tape diagram. Then use any strategy
that you’ve learned to solve.
1. Mr. Roberts graded 57 tests on Friday and 43 tests on Saturday. How many tests
did Mr. Roberts grade?
2. There are 54 women and 17 fewer men than women on a boat.
a. How many men were on the boat?
b. How many people were on the boat?
3. Mark collected 27 fewer coins than Craig. Mark collected 58 coins.
a. How many coins did Craig collect?
b. Mark collected 18 more coins than Shawn. How many coins did Shawn collect?
4. There were 35 apples on the table.
17 of the apples were rotten and were thrown out.
9 apples were eaten.
How many apples are still on the table?
Lesson 31 Homework
1. Melissa had 56 pens and 37 more pencils than pens.
a. How many pencils did Melissa have?
b. How many pens and pencils did Melissa have?
2. Antonio gave 27 tomatoes to his neighbor and 15 to his brother. He had 72
tomatoes before giving some away. How many tomatoes does Antonio have left?
3. The bakery made 92 muffins. 17 were blueberry, 23 were cranberry, and the rest
were chocolate chip. How many chocolate chip muffins did the bakery make?
4. After spending $43 on groceries and $19 on a book, Mrs. Groom had $16 left.
How much money did Mrs. Groom have to begin with?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.