Plans and Worksheets for Grade 2
Plans and Worksheets for all Grades
Lessons for Grade 2
Common Core For Grade 2
Videos, examples, lessons, songs, and solutions to help Grade 2 students learn to recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces. Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
Common Core: 2.G.1
Suggested Learning Target
Learning Shapes - Second Grade
- I can identify important attributes of a shape.
- I can use important attributes to name shapes (number of sides, faces, angles/vertices/corners).
- I can draw a shape when given its attributes.
- I can sort shapes by common attributes
- I know that plane figures are named by the number of sides
This video will highlight the attributes of quadrilaterals, triangles, pentagon and hexagons.
Identifying shapes and attributes of shapes 2.G.1
This video teaches students to identify shapes based on attributes and shape names, both plane and solid shapes.
Identify and Draw Shapes
Learn the names and properties of 2D shapes through the form of a game, "Who am I?"
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.