Eureka Math/EngageNY Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 5 Common Core Worksheets
New York State Common Core Math Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 5
Worksheets for Kindergarten, module 2, lesson 5
Worksheets, solutions, and videos to help Kindergarten students learn how to describe and communicate positions of all flat shapes using the words above, below, beside, in front of, next to, and behind.
Topic A. Two-Dimensional Flat Shapes
Lesson 5 Concept Development
Cut out all of the shapes and put them next to your paper with the duck.
Listen to the directions and glue the objects onto your paper.
1. What new (or significant) math vocabulary did we use today to communicate precisely?
2. How did you place each object on your paper? Go through each direction (above, below, in front of,
next to, and behind) and compare where students put their objects on their paper.
3. Compare with your partner. Did you put your shapes in the same place as your partner?
4. What shapes do you see on your paper? How did you know they were those shapes?
5. How did the Application Problem connect to today’s lesson?
Learning Goals: I can describe a flat shape's position, using next to, below, above, behind, in front of, and beside.
Lesson 5 Homework
Draw a shape with 4 straight sides that are exactly the
same length behind the elephant. Color it blue.
Draw a shape with no corners above the elephant. Color
Draw a shape with 3 straight sides in front of the
elephant. Color it green.
Draw a shape with 4 sides, 2 long and 2 short, below the
Draw a shape with 6 corners below the elephant. Color
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.