PSAT Practice Test 2 Questions (pdf)
PSAT Practice Test 2 (No Calculator) Solutions
PSAT Practice Test 2 (Calculator) Solutions
- Which of the following is an equivalent form of the
expression 15x + 24ax ?
- The formula d = rt is used to calculate the distance
an object travels over a period of time, t, at a
constant rate, r. Based on this formula, what is the
rate, r, in terms of d and t ?
- Which of the following ordered pairs (x, y) satisfies
both equations y = x2 + 3x − 4 and x = y − 4 ?
- Which of the following is a solution to the equation
2x2 + 4x = 3 + 3x2?
- −3x − 4y = 20
x − 10y = 16
If (x, y) is the solution to the system of equations
above, what is the value of x ?
- The equation y = 36 + 18x models the relationship
between the height y, in inches, of a typical golden
delicious apple tree and the number of years, x, after
it was planted. If the equation is graphed in the
xy-plane, what is indicated by the y-intercept of the
- Giovanni wants to buy shirts that cost $19.40 each
and sweaters that cost $24.80 each. An 8% sales tax
will be applied to the entire purchase. If Giovanni
buys 2 shirts, which equation relates the number of
sweaters purchased, p, and the total cost in
dollars, y ?
- A line is graphed in the xy-plane. If the line has a
positive slope and a negative y-intercept, which of
the following points cannot lie on the line?
- A parachute design uses 18 separate pieces of rope.
Each piece of rope must be at least 270 centimeters
and no more than 280 centimeters long. What
inequality represents all possible values of the total
length of rope x, in centimeters, needed for the
- A carpenter has $60 with which to buy supplies. The
carpenter needs to buy both nails and screws. Nails
cost $12.99 per box, and screws cost $14.99 per box.
If n represents the number of boxes of nails and s
represents the number of boxes of screws, which of
the following systems of inequalities models this
- In the figure above, which of the following ratios has
the same value as AB/BC?
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.