More Science Worksheets
A series of free Science Lessons for 7th Grade and 8th Grade, KS3 and Checkpoint Science in preparation for GCSE and IGCSE Science.
Investigate Digestion of Protein by Pepsin
This video depicts a lab investigation that shows how proteins can be broken apart into smaller molecules using enzymes.
1. Label three test tubes A, B and C.
2. Cut some egg white into cubes.
3. Put three egg cubes into each teat tube.
4. Add 10 ml pepsin (an enzyme) to test tube A.
5. Add 10ml hydrochloric acid to test tube B (Caution: use safety goggles and gloves).
6. Ad 5ml of acid and 5 ml of pepsin to test tube C.
7. Cover each test tube and leave for a week.
8. Compare the egg cubes in the the three test tubes.
We can also use Biuret Solution to show that the protein is digested.
Try the free Mathway calculator and
problem solver below to practice various math topics. Try the given examples, or type in your own
problem and check your answer with the step-by-step explanations.
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.